Monday, June 13, 2011

daphne desk-- BEFORE!

we were planning on buying this little table from Ikea for Daphne to use in the family room-- a place to color, eat snack, play with play dough ECT all while being in the same room with me while I work. It's cute, and definitely priced right ($20 for the table and both chairs) but, i would still want to mess with it before putting it in our house- maybe some paint or stain for the wood and adding some wall paper or something else to it to make it cool.
but then... i found this little gem at a garage sale. it was a bit of a garage sale SPLURGE- a whole $15. they wouldn't let me haggle, not even a little. I got a lot of that on friday... no one would barter with me! but, i loved this desk so i took it home anyway, even for full-price. i love the wood top and i think after some cleaning, it will look good again. for all that is painted black, it looks worn and is chipping. if our house was more "shabby chic" it would be fine, but it's not. NOT at all really :) so, i am going to sand it and spray paint it (while carefully keeping the top in the wood melamine, the back in the mustard plastic and the ends of the legs chrome) one of our most favorite colors: RORANGE! (red orange, people.. it's awesome)

(daphne said when she saw this: i'll put my paper here (pointing to the little section at the top) and my crayons and markers here (at the bottom) yeah, you will daphne)

I think it's going to look awesome. watch out for the "AFTER" pictures- coming soon I hope. My dad is hating all my projects piling up in the garage- i've got to tackle some this week before i get on his bad side.

nic isn't convinced that he loves it for the family room. I am hoping this make-over will change his mind- if not.. it will be going up in daphne's room where i am afraid it will get used far less. so, we'll see. :)

What we spent: (pre makeover!)
$15
Budget remaining:
$1239

No comments:

Post a Comment