Wednesday, April 27, 2011

why i'm here; why you're here


So here we are. Nic and I just bought our first house (the picture above is the model- our unit will be done in July/Aug). It's tiny & perfect and we love it. 1,100 SF spread over 3, narrow floors. a front porch, a 1.5 garage, a laundry closet, a coat closet, 2 sets of stairs, a kitchen/great room, a balcony, a powder room, a linen closet, a full bath, a teeny desk nook, a kid's room (daphne's) and a master bedroom (that's me and Nic's) the space we love, the finishings- not so much.

But buying from the builder presents it's own challenges- first of all, we can't because of this program & secondly- we know we can get exactly what we want at a better price by doing it ourselves. This is helpful because we are both poor and picky.

So now we're trying to scrape together an amazing house without going over what is proving to be a very small budget ($1500) Another problem? We really don't know what we're doing. I feel like years of watching HGTV has given me some false sense of security but really, I'm a novice. That's really why I wanted to start this blog though, I wanted to help people as I learned. I will make mistakes and I'll tell you all about them. No secrets. I'll also give a detailed account of where the $1500 is going.

I can't wait to show you our house!

No comments:

Post a Comment